Monday, June 4, 2012

IAR "I Do" YouTube Contest


Happy Monday! I wanted to share my project that I made for the I Am Roses YouTube "I Do" Contest going on now. You can check out the official rules over at the IAR Blog.

My cousin is getting married this month  and I created this cute banner titled "The Bride". She can hang this banner outside of her dressing room the day of the wedding. In hindsight I should've made one for the groom as well but hey it's her day, let her be special. =)

This month's challenge is a monochromatic color scheme. It was so much fun to not use color. I was able to use lace trims from my stash and I layered them at the tops of each pennant. Each pennant was cut from a 4x6 white mat board. I covered it with dictionary paper. 

The letters are Tim Holtz's alpha embossed grunge board that I painted white. To string up the banner I hot glued all the pennants to some jute rope layered on lace. I tied little lace bows in between each piece.


I incorporated the foam headed sprays and the small scrapbooking flowers (S10) on each banner piece. I made sure to at least have a pretty flower also. Another embellishment that I added were flat back pearls for an added touch.


So there is my bridal banner. I hope you like it. Make sure to head on over to the IAR Challenge Blog and play along to win some yummy I Am Roses flowers.

Thanks for stopping by! and Good Luck!


I Am Roses Products (Links provided):
S10-15 Small White Flowers

ST1-151 Foam Head White Stamens
R21-1 White Paper Roses
Other Supplies:
Dictionary paper, White mat board, Lace Trims, Jute Rope, Cream Flat Back Pearls, Tim Holtz Alpha Grungeboard Letters, White Acrylic Paint

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I am a new subbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo it turned out so beautiful. Love it. I love the monochromatic color too! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete