Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sassy Chick

Happy Sunday Friends! I am showcasing the Sassy Chick stamp set today.


I am in love with these stitched clouds, so I added some faux stitching along the border and made it look like the clouds were hanging by stitches. I made a hillside backdrop and added the butterflies that come in the set. I wanted the sun to be the focus on the card, so I made it the only colored image. It is placed on dimensional pop dots and I stamped the sentiment "You are my Sunshine" on a separate sun image and punched it out with a 1/8" circle punch, perfect fit for the center.

Card #1

For my second card, the only dimesional embellishment are the layered buttons in the center of the sun image. There are the stitched clouds again =) I used the "It's Spring" sentiment on a little flag banner. The tulips in the set are stamped along the bottom for a floral garden border.

Card #2

Last but not least, here is my third card for you. I colored a little scene using the sun, the clouds, the littlest chick and the water puddle. He is just having a blast in that water. I used an oval die to cut the image out and placed it on dimensional pop dots. By sheer coincidence the shape mimics an egg, who knew?, not me until a fellow Designer Cristal pointed it out! I went to town with those clouds in the backgound LOL. I wrapped some teal twine around the card. The flower is from the stamp set and I colored two of the same image with different colors and layered them together.

Card #3

The ladies are really rockin' this stamp set. Visit the Avocado Arts Blog more inspiration from the DT gals.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
~Jo

2 comments:

  1. I love each one of these Jo!! They are so great for Spring!! The last card here is total genius!! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice cards! I love the black and white with a pop of colour!

    ReplyDelete